What is Laughter Yoga & How can it help you?
We all want health and happiness in our lives. But instead we are more stressed, depressed, getting less sleep, thinking negative thoughts and feeling isolated. Does this sound like you? Are you someone who wants to move on and bring more laughter and joy into your life? You’re in the right place. Laughter Yoga is the answer.
For centuries we’ve known that “laughter is the best medicine” and science has now proven it. And yet, there’s been no reliable method of bringing more laughter into people’s lives. Most of the time, humor and jokes do not work and there aren’t many reasons to make us laugh. LY is a tool which delivers the benefits of laughter on command and demand without relying on outside reasons and conditions of life.
How does it work?
The concept of Laughter Yoga is based on scientific studies which has proved that the body cannot differentiate between intentional/voluntary and real laughter. One gets the same physiological and psychological benefits.
- Learn the Art of Laughing for No Reason: Anyone can laugh for no reason without relying on humor, jokes or comedy and one can feel the benefits on the very first session! It’s easy.
- Real and Contagious Laughter: We initiate laughter as a body exercise in a group and with eye contact and childlike playfulness, it quickly turns into real and contagious laughter.
- Science of Breathing: According to the yogic concept of breathing, your exhalation should be longer than your inhalation so that you can get rid of stale air from your lungs. Laughter as a form of exercise is a great way to exhale longer.
What People Say About Laughter Yoga?
Clinical research conducted in India and the United States has proven that laughter lowers blood pressure and levels of stress hormones (epinephrine and cortisol).
5 Benefits of Laughter Yoga
- Good Mood and More Laughter: LY helps to change your mood within minutes by releasing endorphins from your brain cells. You’ll remain cheerful, in a good mood throughout the day and find yourself laughing more than you normally do.
- Healthy Exercise to Beat Stress: LY is like an aerobic exercise (cardio workout) which increases your heart rate, blood circulation thereby relaxing your muscles.
- Health Benefits: LY reduces stress and strengthens the immune system. You will not fall sick easily and if you have a chronic health condition, you will heal faster.
- Social Connection: The quality of our life depends upon the quality of our relationship. Laughter is a great connector of people and brings quality caring and sharing amongst friends
- Positive Attitude in Challenging Times: Everyone can laugh when life is good, but how does one laugh when faced with challenges? Laughter helps to create a positive mental attitude to deal with negative situations and people. It gives hope and optimism to cope with difficult times.