Join us in beautiful San Francisco, CA and enrich your life with laughter! Become a Certified Laughter Leader and learn how to integrate more laughter into your life. Join Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher, Teresa Corrigan R.N., M.A., C.L.Y.T for this unique training workshop!
You do not have to be “Yoga Fit” to take or teach this class!
Fri. Night: October 10th 5:30-9:30 p.m.
Sat. All Day: October 11th 9:30-6:30 p.m.
Fee: $295 +$35 for CEU’s Includes training manual, certificate and lots of healing laughs!
10.0 Contact Hours: this course meets the qualifications for 10 hrs. of continuing education offered for Nurses,(Educare-Partners a nursing corporations approved by the CA BRN# CEP 7359), MFT’s, LCSW’s, LPCC’s & LEP’s (CA Board of Behavioral Sciences, Billie Francses, MA, PCE# 1690)
After successful completion of this course you will be qualified as a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader (CLYL), an internationally recognized certification. As a CLYL, you can lead Laughter sessions in health care and senior centers, social clubs, fitness centers, schools or businesses, and integrate Laughter into your own healing modality, business practice or instruction.
A unique aspect of this training is a possibility of experiencing a laughter session in the hospital due to Teresa’s unique Inpatient Therapeutic Laughter Program at the University of California Medical Center in San Francisco. For many attendees, it has been one of the highlights of the training. Click the link below for a preview of a laughter class. After the training, to gain practical experience, you are welcome and encouraged to teach this class with Teresa.
Laughter Class: www.osher.ucsf.edu
This experiential and transformative Certified Laughter Leader Training will:
- Enable you to confidently talk about the benefits of laughter
- Teach you the skills and give you the confidence to teach Laughter Club classes
- Give you practice creating new Laughter exercises
- Help you add more laughter into your own life, both with others and by yourself
- Allow you to understand and experience the “Inner Spirit of Laughter”
- Show you how to release tension in a safe and positive way
- Inspire and empower you to start your own Laughter Club
- Enable you to incorporate laughter appropriately into your professional and personal relationships
- Connect you with a network of Laughter professionals locally and around the world
- Provide an environment in which we will laugh and create fun memories and new laughter friends
What you will learn:
- The physiologic, mental and emotional benefits of laughter
- How to laugh without humor, comedy or props
- The history of the Laughter movement and therapeutic laughter
- How to take laughter seriously without becoming too serious yourself
- How to effectively manage group laughter with a variety of participants (children, seniors, business, etc.)
- How to take groups to deeper levels of joy and inner peace through Laughter Meditation
- How to start and run a Laughter Club
Who should attend:
- Nurses, Physicians, Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors, Physical & Occupational Therapists and all other Healthcare Professionals
- Teachers and anyone involved with children, teens and young adults
- Eldercare workers
- Yoga and fitness teachers
- Management or Human Resource Professionals
- Meditation and Spiritual Care Providers
- Life coaches
- Anyone wanting to add more laughter to their lives!
for Flyer Click Here
Testimonials: “This class by far exceeded my expectations; I felt confident to bring this to my community immediately and I haven’t had this many laughs in years! I feel full of joy.” PW
“Teresa represents the best and highest principles of Laughter Yoga. She's an inspired teacher who possesses a rare mixture of wisdom, playfulness and passion, with the ability to connect with everyone and bring out the spontaneous joy and shining spirit in each of us. I attended Teresa's weekend training to become a certified Laughter Yoga Leader and was truly impressed with her ability to make the learning process so comprehensive, relevant and fun. She even invited me to come back and teach one of her regular classes in San Francisco one night, which was an incredible experience, not only increasing my confidence and skill as a leader, it also having a total blast! Teresa is one very special person and she conducts her classes like a laughter maestro. Take this class!” PG
"What an amazing group of remarkable people. Your yoga leader training was a delightfully transformative experience through laughter. I have taken laughter yoga and spread it with great success to a group of individuals with great challenges who also haven't laughed in some time. As a clinical social worker, I have implemented a laughter yoga mindfulness weekly group in an inpatient forensic psychiatric setting and am able to positively impact a broader range of people. These transformative qualities of laughter yoga transcend even the best therapeutic interventions. Thanks for what you do!" DM