Now is the time to further your interest in therapeutic laughter by training to become a Certified Laughter Leader! Spreading love and laughter is the purest form of joy you can feel and give, all the more in our current troubled times. You can use your skills in hundreds of ways to heal both your community and yourself! I welcome you to learn this invaluable spiritual, emotional and physical practice.
Facilitator: Laughing Diva aka Beth Bongar
Next training dates: DEc 2014
Schedule: 9:00am-5:00pm on Saturday, and 9:00am to 4:30pm on Sunday
Venue: NYC - to be determined
Email Address: email@example.com
Cost: $295* including manual, refreshments and lunch
* $25 off for full payment received on/before August 15, 2014. Ask about special rates for seniors, students, and those overcoming addiction.
Upon completion of the course you will be awarded an official Laughter Yoga Leader Certificate issued by Dr. Kataria's School of Laughter Yoga and continuing support to practice your skills.
To book please call Beth at 917-656-7274 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Beth is a superb teacher! She really, really knows her stuff, is a lot of fun to be around, and shares generously to help you succeed. A big plus is the large amount of time Beth devotes to letting you try out leading laughter yoga. Beth's feedback is both specific and kind and helps you do your best. She has a knack for coming up with just the right idea at the right time. Also, Beth prepares extremely well, with gracious hospitality and attention to detail, so that everything runs smoothly and you can focus on learning. Another strength is Beth's ability to support her students in forming community among themselves (my training group even chose a name: the "Ha-Ha Sisterhood"!). I came away from the training feeling not only confident but also inspired. Thank you, Beth, for a fantastic training!" -Norma S.
Certified Laughter Yoga Leader training, September 20-21, NYC with Beth Bongar, the Laughing Diva!
Do you love to laugh? Do you want to add more laughter & joy in your life? Laughter Yoga is the latest health craze sweeping the world! Laugh for no reason with Beth Bongar, NYC’s Laughing Diva, and be empowered by tapping into your inner well of joy! Become a certified Laughter Yoga leader, to spread more joy to others! You can lead Laughter Yoga sessions and seminars in social clubs, yoga & fitness centers, schools, senior and community centers and corporations.
What is Laughter Yoga?
Laughter Yoga is a unique exercise routine developed by Dr. Madan Kataria. It combines laughter exercises with yogic breathing (Pranayama), which brings in more oxygen to the body and brain making one feel more energized and healthy. Anyone can laugh without relying on humor, jokes and comedy! It is based on the scientific fact that the body cannot tell the difference between fake and real laughter.
It is being practiced in companies and corporations, Fitness centers, Yoga studios, Centers for Seniors, Schools, Colleges, Universities, Physically and mentally challenged and Self help cancer groups. Laughter Yoga has been widely covered by media in places like TIME magazine, BBC, CNN and the Oprah Winfrey show.
What happens in a Laughter Session?
A typical Laughter Yoga session is led by a Laughter Yoga Leader or Teacher who leads the group in different laughter, breathing and stretching exercises. It includes clapping and chanting, playful games, talking in “gibberish,” mime and storytelling, dancing, deep breathing and vocal release on the syllable “ha.” Participants are encouraged to cultivate childlike playfulness and eye contact, which leads to real and spontaneous laughter.
The Five Benefits of Laughter Yoga
1. Personal Life: Laughter Yoga will help to add more laughter and joy to your life. It changes your mood within minutes, transforming your outlook and perspective.
2. Work life: Laughter Yoga provides oxygen to the body and brain, increasing energy and productivity.
3. Health Benefits: Laughter Yoga decreases stress, strengthens the immune system, lowers blood pressure and keeps your heart healthy. It is a powerful antidote against depression.
4. Social Life: Laughter Yoga decreases stress and social anxiety, so you can deal with difficult situations, and strengthen relationships.
5. Spiritual Life: Laughter Yoga will help you tap into your own inner well of joy, awakening your spirit, bringing you a sense of lightness, energy, and wellbeing.
2-Day Intensive Laughter Yoga Leader Training
After successful completion of this course, you will be a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader (CLYL), an internationally recognized qualification.
The course includes:
- Learning the physical, mental & emotional benefits of laughter
- The history of Laughter Yoga
- Laughter Yoga exercises and study
- How to laugh without humor; how to laugh alone
- Techniques for special groups (children, seniors and more)
- Juggling, team-building, and play
- Starting & running laughter clubs
- How to market your services
- 7 hours/day, with a one hour lunch
- Comfortable location in Beth’ s studio
- Breaks and maybe even lunch in Central Park (weather permitting)
- Laughter Yoga class the following Monday with opportunities to lead
Beth Bongar, the Laughing Diva, is a certified Laughter Yoga Teacher based on the Upper West Side in NYC.
After spending many years of her life as a circus performer, juggler, clown doctor, and more, she trained under Dr. Kataria to become a Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher, and she now leads Laughter Yoga workshops for corporations, camps, schools, and community centers throughout the tri-state area.
She has also amassed a Twitter following of over 20,000, over 4,400 Facebook fans, thousands of YouTube views, and various television appearances. She has shared her unique form of joy-based Laughter Yoga - incorporating laughter and breathing exercises, singing, rhythm, playing and dancing - at places like Scholastic, Mitsubishi, Coach, Tiffany & Co. headquarters, NY Fashion Week, 2014-06-24Long Island libraries, and more. She has a regular weekly following for her Monday night class at the Universalist Church on the Upper West Side.
She is excited to lead a CLYL training, which will further her goal of spreading joy and the power Laughter Yoga to her NYC community and beyond, and helping others get in touch with their own inner well of joy!
For details contact: Beth Bongar aka Laughing Diva
917-656-7274 / email@example.com
With love and laughter,
Beth aka Laughing Diva