$295. 8:30-4:30 Saturday & Sunday of Laughfest 2014
Students will have the unique experience of co-leading a Laughter Yoga exercise during Laughfest 2014!
Anyone who wants to bring more laughter in their life and to share laughter with others will benefit from this training. It will be of special interest to:
- Yoga and fitness teachers
- HR and management training
- Healthcare professionals: Physicians, Nurses, Staff
- Therapists/workers/teachers serving client who have special needs
- Teachers, PE Specialists, and sports coaches
- Psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, professional counselors
- Entertainment professionals/Comedians
- Massage therapists
- Activities Directors/Senior care workers/Assisted living staff
- Marriage and family therapists
- Life/Wellness Coaches and alternative therapists
- Sales managers
- Clergy/Youth pastors/leaders
- Tourism professionals & tour guides
- Anyone who needs to decrease stress and add therapeutic laughter to their life!
The course fee ($295) includes:
- Training provided by a Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher, trained by Dr. Madan Kataria.
- CD, DVD, digital and paper copies of the official Laughter Yoga Leader manaul written by Dr. Kataria, additional handouts and more.
This fee may be tax-deductible. Education for improving and maintaining professional skills is generally tax-deductible. Transportation/lodging/meal expenses to/from professional training may be tax-deductible, as well. Check with your tax accountant if this may apply to you.
As a participant, you will be able to:
- Understand the scientific research, physical, mental and emotional benefits of happiness, laughter, and Laughter Yoga.
- Understand how to use and teach simple exercises and techniques (including deep breathing, meditation, visualization, relaxation, playful activities) to increase joy and health and decrease stress.
- Organize and lead laughter programs for individuals and diverse groups, including healthcare staff and patients, seniors, children, and corporations.
The course includes:
- Learning the physical, mental & emotional benefits of laughter
- How to laugh without humor and how to teach others to do so
- The history of Laughter Yoga
- Starting & running laughter clubs
- How to market your services
- Techniques for special groups (children, seniors and more)
- Laughter Boosting techniques
- How to laugh alone
- and much, much more!
Earn (sweat equity!!) the offical Certificate from Dr. Kataria\'s School of Laughter Yoga entitling you to the full rights and benefits of a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader.
Receive Free 6 month Prozone membership on the LY International website.
Practical Needs during this course
- pen/paper for taking notes
- lunch, snacks, refillable water bottle (refrigerator provided on site) for both Saturday & Sunday
- wear comfortable clothes
- willingness to LAUGH & enjoy learning
DO NOT BRING:
- anything illegal or alcoholic
- pets (service animals are permitted)
- perfumes (don\'t wear this - may affect others\' breathing), incense, etc
CELL PHONES MUST BE SWITCHED TO SILENT MODE DURING TRAINING TIMES. An emergency contact number during posted training hours is: 616-453-8300 (Gilda\'s Club of Grand Rapids, MI)
Laughter Yoga is not a substitute for proper medical consultation for physical, mental and psychological illnesses and may not be suitable for everyone. It is contra-indicated for people suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart disease, epilepsy, any kind of hernia, severe backache, and major psychiatric disorders. This list is for guidance only and is not meant to be exhaustive. If in doubt do not try it, but rather consult your trained medical professional for guidance. Please use your common sense: no strain, no new pain.
Lodging recommended by Laughfest:
Otherwise, you may search for additional lodging accomodations in the Grand Rapids, MI area. The address for Gilda\'s Club is: 1806 Bridge St, NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Check out many additional opportunities to laugh http://www.laughfestgr.org/ (Do NOT purchase tickets or plan to attend any of these magnificent events during the Laughter Yoga Leader Training sessions)
FULL PAYMENT is EXPECTED BY MARCH 1, 2014. Please contact Angēla Essick Dykes to arrange payment: 616-225-1060. Right is reserved for cancellation due to inability of teacher to fulfill this commitment. In this event, full reimbursement will be provided. If you (the student) need to cancel please contact Angēla Essick Dykes immediately to discuss reimbursement, if applicable. Any cancellation made after March 2, 2014 will be subject to reimbursement minus administrative fee of $35/per registrant. If you fail to attend this course after making payment, you forfeit any & all payments made, if you do not notify Angēla Essick Dykes within 30 days post conclusion of this course (by 11:59:00 pm on April 15, 2014). If you miss attending any portion of this course, there is no guarantee you may be able to attend any future course led by Angēla Essick Dykes.
It is imperative that you are punctual for the beginning of each day and that you make arrangments so that you can conclude at the end time for each day. Laughfest scheduled Laughter Yoga sessions during our training for your benefit: to co-lead a live group (with Angēla Essick Dykes). This is a highly unique opportunity and will increase the value of your Laughter Yoga resume considerably! Your certification ceremony will be at the end of Sunday\'s agenda - you will most certainly want to attend this :-)