What you will learn in Training By Jeffrey Briar - USA
CERTIFIED LAUGHTER YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
One-on-One (or Small Group) Training (proposed dates):
Nov. 30-Dec. 8, 2013 ; OR alternative dates as arranged. Laguna Beach, California USA
Language of Instruction: English
What You Will Get And Learn During The Training Learn From Master Trainer Jeffrey Briar :
Director of The Laughter Yoga Institute (Laguna Beach, California USA) and the Founder of the first Laughter Club in the western world to met seven days per week. You become a Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher under the guidance of one of the world’s most accomplished champions of Laughter Yoga. Learn more about Jeffrey Briar. Master Trainer Briar represented Laughter Yoga on Oprah, Dancing with the Stars, and CNN-TV with Sanjay Gupta.
After completing this training, you will be authorized to train Certified Laughter Yoga Leaders, start Laughter Clubs, expand Laughter Yoga techniques into your own chosen field, and add more laughter to your life.
You will be trained to conduct Laughter Yoga seminars and workshops for businesses, hospitals, Elder-care homes, prisons; for children with special needs and among school children.
Laughter Yoga advanced training is appropriate for: Therapists and Healers, Recreation Activity Facilitators, Yoga/Tai Chi/physical fitness trainers, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and Psychotherapists, Nurses and Healthcare Workers, Counselors, Social Workers, Professional Speakers, HR Trainers and Comedians.
You Will Receive
- An up-to-date, comprehensive Training Manual
- Dr. Kataria's classic book "Laugh For No Reason" (as an e-Book)
- The Resource Pack DVD and CD set. These contain video clips showing international news coverage, Laughter Yoga in the business world, Laughter Yoga in schools, scientific research on Laughter Yoga and articles and photos for press and media
- A Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher diploma.
- Jeffrey Briar’s 25-page bonus book, including concise directions on getting ultimate media exposure and how you can deliver the 2-day Certified Laughter Yoga Leader training.
- One year free Prozone subscription (www.laughteryoga.org/prozone) (normally $60)
You Will Learn
- How to lead a group of people through Laughter Yoga Techniques as developed by Dr. Kataria, and skills of converting pro-active laughter into real, infectious, spontaneous laughter without needing to rely on jokes, comedy or humor
- How to effectively lead Laughter Exercises (practice sessions with expert supervision and coaching)
- A powerful technique of profound Laughter Meditation where you do not have to make any effort to laugh, and laughter flows out of you as if emerging from a fountain (this is a very profound experience; you will feel the laughter coming out of your heart and soul, without using a single joke)
- Watch video presentations showing Laughter Clubs and the experience of Laughter Yoga in public parks, companies and corporations, schools for visually challenged persons, deaf and mute children, prisoners and more.
- Yoga breathing and easy Meditations for spiritual development
- How to do Laughter Yoga all by yourself
How to start a Laughter Club
- Marketing and Advertising
- Creating a core group and encouraging leadership
- Communication skills
How to use Laughter Yoga for
- Elderly people
- Physically and mentally challenged children
- Visually-impaired persons
- Schoolchildren and schoolteachers
UNIQUE to Trainings offered by Jeffrey Briar
- How to make good income with laughter-based programs (many examples)
- How to deliver the 2-day Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Trainings. Essential topics and precisely how to present them, addressing different learning styles (the perspective of a college educator)
- The Art and Craft of Getting Into the Media. How to write press releases which actually get published so your Laughter Clubs and programs will be successful from the start (the secret to getting on TV, radio, in magazines and newspapers)
Contact Master Trainer Jeffrey Briar at JBriar@LYInstitute.org
Sample Agenda for the One-on-One (or Small-Group) Teacher Training:
- Day One (Saturday) : begins at 10:00 a.m. with attendance at a public Laughter Club session by the sea, followed by 2 – 3 hours of discussion, lecture, practice and coaching.
- Days Two and Three (Sun. and Mon.) : Morning Breathing Exercises, Laughter Alone coaching, and a morning Laughter Club session; also 1 – 4 hours of discussion, lecture, practice and coaching each day.
- Days Four and Five (Tues. and Weds.) : Morning Breathing Exercises, Laughter Alone coaching; attendance at a Laughter Yoga class at a Senior Center/Eldercare Home; also 2 – 3 hours of discussion, lecture, practice and coaching each day.
- Day Six and Seven (Thurs. or Fri.) : The mornings are free. During the day: 2 – 5 hours of lecture, discussion, practice and coaching; one day will have attendance at a corporate/business Laughter Yoga seminar/workshop; the other day will have an evening presentation (in collaboration with the Master Trainer) of a Public Awareness Seminar.
- Day Eight (Sat.) : Attendance and participation in the first day of a certifying Laughter Yoga Leader Training; 2 – 3 additional hours of lecture, discussion, practice and coaching.
- Day Nine (Sun.) : Morning Laughter Club session on the beach, concluding with the second half of the Leader Training (Graduation by 5:00 p.m.).
SYLLABUS: CERTIFIED LAUGHTER YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
- Introduction and group discussion: Why are we here?
- The concept, history and philosophy of Laughter Yoga
- Laughter Yoga and Laughter Meditation sessions, with participants learning and practicing various aspects of presentation to develop facilitation skills: Commands to start, role of the leader, laughter exercises, yogic breathing techniques and student participation
- Practical applications (practice sessions): Running laughter groups, presenting Laughter Yoga to the public and the press
- Presentation skills explained (training is conducted in an experiential rather than academic manner; participants will be invited to share personal experiences during the training)
- Laughter Yoga applications and directed techniques for: Social groups, fitness classes, children, seniors, disabled, in the workplace, more
- Video presentations provide a scientific grounding, as well as tools for presentations and to establish credibility
- Free Laughter Yoga and for-a-fee Laughter Yoga
- How to start a Laughter Club and guide it to ongoing success
- How to run public seminars and workshops
- The importance of marketing/media and PR - techniques for success you can use immediately
- Laughter Yoga around the world
- How to add more laughter to your life; how to laugh on your own
- Yogic breathing (Pranayama) will be taught and practiced in morning sessions
Meditation and visualization techniques
FINAL EVENT - Issue of certificates; group photo
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU
A pad for taking notes
A costume, musical instrument or other equipment or props (for any presentation you wish to share on Talent Night)
A silly or funny outfit for the Costume Party
One small wrapped gift for our Exchange of Gifts
VENUES: to be arranged.
One-on-One Training (proposed dates in June, September and November-December; or by arrangement). Daily mentoring sessions (scheduling varies). You will laugh every day, with field trips accompanying Mr. Briar to laughter clubs, senior centers, business presentations and public seminars (subject to programming). Intensive learning and coaching - sometimes during casual meals or strolling by the seaside. Includes coaching before, during and after a 2-day certified Leader Training: see how an actual Leader Training is set up and delivered.
.Teacher Training Tuition: $795
Please contact Jeffrey Briar at JBriar@LYInstitute.org for lodging options.
For Registration, and Program Information, please click here.
To Register, click here.